• Atuli

SGI after longer sick period

Hi there, 

Has anyone been sick for longer period of time during pregnancy and know how that affect your income and maternity leave money? 

My psychologist wants me to take a break from work for a longer period. I would say 2 months or more. I am currently 5 months pregnant. 

I called försäkringskassan and they were not helpful at all, they could not answer of IF or How Badly this would affect my maternity leave money. They said I first must be sick, then apply for föräldrapenning and during application they will decide ... Prior applying they are not able to answer even IF I would be affected at all. 

This gives me additional stress I don?t need. Feels like I can?t have a break from work since there might be a possibility that I wouldn?t be able to survive during maternity with that money that I end up with because of my sick period. 

It is quite sad that because of "playing it safe" I cannot choose my heath right now. 

Has anyone been in this type of situation? 

• Svar på tråden SGI after longer sick period
  • Atuli

Yes, that would be doctor ordered sick leave. Interesting..why försäkringskassan wouldn?t just say that my income would not be affected by this? 

• Atuli
    Jemp skrev 2024-10-23 15:16:21 följande:

see under questions here:
    https://www.forsakringskassan.se/privatperson/foralder/vantar-barn/foraldrapenning-innan-barnet-fods

I checked this. I think this is just to start the regular parental leave earlier. Max 60 days before giving birth. It is not if a person just applies for regular sick leave during pregnancy and sick leave for longer period of time. 

Because my doctor wants me to take a break from work now, not 60 days before giving birth. And it would not be an early maternity leave but a sick leave to take rest and visit psychologist. 

Svar på tråden SGI after longer sick period